Spilling the Tea – Why This Ingredient Is The Ultimate Skincare Solution?
We have been researching skincare ingredients for years now and when we say we have found the ultimate skincare solution, we certainly have. So, are you ready to meet the superhero ingredient of the skincare world?
Well, it has got something to do with green, and if you are an avid skincare lover, you must have already figured out the ingredient. For the rest of the readers, we can’t wait to introduce you to the ultimate skin fixer and the solution to every skin concern – from aging to acne. Yes, we are talking about green tea. Sounds unreal right? Well, we knew green tea had benefits, but it’s a hidden skincare gem. Keep reading to know all about green tea and how it can benefit your skin.
All products featured on The Influence Times are selected based on what our editors truly love. If you end up purchasing through our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission.
Understanding Green Tea
Experts have always suggested starting the day with a warm cup of green tea, so clearly, we have established the fact that it’s good for health. But, as far as the topical application is concerned, this natural ingredient is transforming. You will be surprised to know all that this green ingredient has to offer. For starters, it is an anti-aging ingredient, it has skin-soothing properties, it is antioxidant-rich, and that’s just the beginning.
Derived from the leaves of the plant Camellia sinensis, green tea is a highly effective anti-oxidant in the skincare world. It is the ingredient that offers skin-soothing and anti-aging properties. The presence of Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) in green tea makes it a superhero. However, that’s not it, green tea naturally balances sebum production and controls acne. The best part is it is suitable for all skin types. Yes, even the most sensitive ones. In fact, you can instantly incorporate it into your AM and PM routine for maximum effectiveness.
The Key Skincare Benefits of Green Tea
Apart from being an active ingredient in skincare products, green tea has been used as an ingredient to treat several dermatological conditions like serious acne, psoriasis, rosacea, and even skin cancer. Here are the major benefits of green tea:
- Anti-aging Properties: Green tea has the power to reduce major signs of aging and sun damage. In fact, all you need is consistent usage of a green tea-infused product to get rid of fine lines, hyperpigmentation, and rough texture.
- Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory Properties: Green Tea is powered by the presence of EGCG which makes it an effective antioxidant. Not only that, but green tea also filled with anti-inflammatory properties to depuff and refresh the skin.
- Protective Properties: Being an antioxidant, it acts as a protective agent that shields the skin from environmental stressors like pollution and UV rays. In fact, it also protects from any DNA damage in the skin cells and promotes DNA repair.
- Reduces Sebum Production: This has to be the best property in green tea. Consistent usage of a green tea product can literally reduce sebum production which significantly reduces acne and excessive oiliness. Not only that, green tea is also filled with antibacterial properties that actively protect from acne.
- Soothing Properties: All the benefits aside, green tea is an excessively soothing ingredient. Most of all, it is soothing for anyone who has inflamed skin. It is also effective and healing for conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
Top 5 Green Tea-Infused Products
This green tea-rich toner by Model Off Duty Beauty is every skincare enthusiast’s dream. Just a few applications of this hydrating toner will effectively invigorate your skin and deliver that dreamy glow. Along with green tea, this product is filled with the strength of 100 percent natural ingredients like witch hazel and rosehip. Pick this product to naturally achieve balanced pH levels and significantly younger-looking skin. This is your ultimate skincare solution.
Another green tea-infused product we highly recommend is this superfood cleanser by Youth To The People. It has all the powers of natural antioxidants extracted from green tea, kale, and spinach. Pick this for fabulous makeup removal and an effective cleansing experience. Just one application of this product will eliminate clogged pores and dullness. However, with consistent use, this product can also fade the dark spots and signs of aging while balancing the pH levels.
This clarifying mask by Lancer Skincare instantly delivers the goodness of green tea and sulfur. It leaves behind a phenomenally refreshing citrus fragrance that awakens the senses. Pick this product to achieve clear, decongested, and smooth-looking skin. It is most suitable for oily skin types and targets skincare concerns like blemishes and oiliness.
This hydrating serum is surprisingly lightweight. It is filled with the powers of Jeju green tea that offers a complete rejuvenating experience to your skin. Pick this for the ultimate moisturization and protection. It is suitable for all skin types and focuses on skincare concerns like excessive dryness, unevenness, and dullness.
This cleanser by True Botanicals delivers a powerful blend of green tea, camellia seed oil, white tea, and aloe vera to bless your skin with the best. Pick this cleanser to eliminate all the impurities without excessively drying your skin. This is a best-selling cleanser and is suitable for all skin types.